about meotter's epilepsyprayer is powermovie mondayjuice plus+awards

Friday, June 20, 2008

otter's eeg today

OK folks, brace yourselves, this may be a little harsh. I'm so pissed right now and I need to vent. No, I won't obviously send this letter to the Brooklyn B... who did Otter's EEG today, because I'm sure tomorrow I'll read this and think I'm overreacting. Plus, I'd never have the balls to go through with it anyway. (literally, hehehehe)

Dear EEG Technician~

Let me start off by saying I left my son's EEG this morning sick to my stomach. No, he was not a perfect angel during the procedure, but if you only knew half the shit he's been through you would possibly understand why ANY kind of test in a hospital setting is upsetting for him, whether it "hurts" or not. Let me add that you did not at all help ease the stressful situation.

I received negative feedback from you the entire procedure, and you made us all very uncomfortable, starting with the way you reacted to me telling you our neuro said sleep deprivation was not necessary. No, our doctor is not old, and that's a little insulting, don't you think? As I shared with you, he's known around the world for his work and he works at Johns Hopkins, one of the best known hospitals in the U.S. Yes, his name does sound familiar. Probably because he co-authored The Ketogenic Diet book. Ya, I could tell by the look on your face that was a shocker.

You mentioned my son was the only child you've ever met who had success on the diet. MAYBE THAT'S BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW ANYONE ON THE DIET BECAUSE THE HOSPITAL YOU WORK FOR DOESN'T BELIEVE IN IT, SO KIDS WHO COULD BE SEIZURE FREE ARE SUFFERING! I don't even want to think about where and what my child would be today without this miracle diet.

On a final note, the way you treated my son was pathetic. I swear if you talked to him the way you did one more time the shit would've hit the fan. From my observations, you don't work well with children. Therefore you may want to rethink your career choice at a CHILDREN'S hospital.

Sincerely,

P.S. Your little Brooklyn, NY accent doesn't help your image. It made me want to punch you in the face even more.

0 cleansing comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails