about meotter's epilepsyprayer is powermovie mondayjuice plus+awards

Monday, January 25, 2010

otter's seizures

During a play Otter was in last week, I was sure I saw him have a seizure on stage. His eyes blinked rapidly and his movements slowed. Hubby didn't see it so I thought I was being paranoid. Thankfully Hubby was videotaping and when he watched the video he saw it too. When I asked Otter about it he said that sometimes he sees red dots and he feels like he's losing his mind. Today he told me that sometimes his eyes blink really fast and he sees flashing colors and the weather. The weather??? I know, right?

We sent the video to Dr. K and he confirmed that it was a seizure.

Although we haven't seen any more seizures since the play, Otter is able to tell me when he has them. When I asked him what happens when he has one, he was actually able to show me what they look like, which I think is CRAZY! When I mentioned this to Dr. K he said it's very odd that he would be able to do it on command, which would be more common for a tic. I sent him a video and it's looking like they may be tics. However, the video at the play still looks like a seizure. So who knows! If they are tics, his EEG will still be normal. Please pray this is the case! The Lord is taking care of us!

"The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still." ~Exodus 14:14

2 cleansing comments:

Unknown said...

Thinking of you! My husband has seizures and all his eeg's have been normal. He has gran mals and no one can tell us why. They are very stressful. I will be praying for you guys!

Nicolasa said...

Thinking of you and your family!

Related Posts with Thumbnails