about meotter's epilepsyprayer is powermovie mondayjuice plus+awards

Monday, February 22, 2010

birth story: raven

I was 5 days late with Raven when I was induced. We dropped Otter off at a friend's and proceeded to the hospital. When we got there, I remember crying after seeing a nurse I disliked, thinking she was going to be my nurse. :) Thankfully she was not, and I couldn't have asked for a better nurse!

The doctor inserted cervidil around 9:30am. I started having contractions around 11:00am. During contractions I repeated 2 Timothy 1:7 over and over and over again. "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." It got me through each and every contraction.

A few hours and some stadol later, the doctor checked me and said he'd be back later.
A couple contractions after he left, I felt the need to push. The nurse paged the doctor and kept telling me not to push. Well it's not like I could exactly help it. I remember gripping and bearing down on the bed railing trying not to push. Hubby said I about broke his hand. That was when the fear really kicked in because I didn't think my doctor was going to make it!

When he finally got there, I probably pushed twice and she was born at 3:33pm on 2/22. 6 lbs 14.4ozs, 19 inches long. Total time from start of contractions to her arrival: 4 hours.

I make them wrap my IV because I can't stand to look at it. Gives me the heebs.

1 cleansing comments:

Unknown said...

That's cool! 2/22 at 3:33! And thanks for the tip on wrapping the IV. Wish I'd have known that these past 8.5 years!

Related Posts with Thumbnails