about meotter's epilepsyprayer is powermovie mondayjuice plus+awards

Sunday, February 28, 2010

prayer is power

As I read Shell's post about her son, it got me thinking about the incredible power of prayer.

The school called this week and asked me to come right away. Otter had fallen and his nose was bleeding. He was acting disoriented and they were nervous he may have had or was going to have a seizure.

If you don't know, Otter has a history of epilepsy. He's been seizure-free for over 2 years but we saw a small absence seizure last month. We thought we were starting over and the devastation took over, but with the power of prayer it turned out to be a one time occurrence.

As soon as I got the call from the school, I immediately started praying. And you know what? He was completely fine. He was rolling around on the floor during PE and whacked his nose on the floor. The disorientation came from the fact that he FREAKS at the site of blood and especially when he gets bloody noses.

Our boy, our healthy normal boy, who they told us would be mentally retarded because of multiple daily seizures. The same "they" who told us diet was a last resort. Our boy, who was falling away from us so quickly, was cured.

Amazing miracles through the power of prayer. True and real miracles.

I just started a prayer journal and I'm so excited to be able to document this awesome power, to have on paper the miracles He performs.

Do you have a prayer request? Let me pray for you. Comment or email me at aliasblogger {at} yahoo {dot} com. And please share with me the miracles he's performed in your life.

8 cleansing comments:

stacie said...

I am so glad that it turned out to be nothing. I don't like the site of blood either and get really oozy.

Shell said...

So happy that it turned out to be nothing serious. I will keep him in my prayers.

I'd appreciate it if you could keep Bear in your prayers. He's come so far, but he still has far to go.

Unknown said...

You are such a wonderful person.
Sassy's BFF passes out at blood, she did at my house & I freaked!

My gmother, Emma Ruth (bladder cancer) & Baby Girl (renal reflux) could always use some extra prayer warriors on their side! :)

ThinkFeminist said...

God does answer prayers....and thats why I never relent even when its hard to do.

Brandi said...

That is awesome! I need to look around your blog a little more...and read about Otter! Glad he is okay!

If you really want to pray for someone, please pray that my "polkadots" (psoriosis) goes away soon! I am tired of people looking at me crazy! :) I have pictures posted on my blog if you want to see them. :)

Have a great day!

Brandi said...

That is awesome! I need to look around your blog a little more...and read about Otter! Glad he is okay!

If you really want to pray for someone, please pray that my "polkadots" (psoriosis) goes away soon! I am tired of people looking at me crazy! :) I have pictures posted on my blog if you want to see them. :)

Have a great day!

bohomamasoul said...

I'm so glad your Otter was okay! My husband actually gets faint when he sees blood, except when our son was born. He was totally fine then! I'm so thankful for your post about the miracles of prayer. And you've gotten so many prayer requests, I don't want to burden you with mine, and they seem so trivial compared to the other ones! But just know that your blog brings me much hope, and it's such a blessing to have found it at this point in my walk with the Lord. Thank you for your writing, what a gift :)

Deb K said...

I agree prayers work wonders~I am glad to hear that Otter was Ok

Related Posts with Thumbnails