And now for my Top Ten!
I'll admit it. I LOVE shower games. Thankfully my Mommy-to-be does too, so we had tons of fun. The top four are the ones we played, but I love all of these and it was super hard to choose! I had the guests sign a scrapbook page as they came in. Another great thing to do at showers is to give each guest a thank-you card envelope and have them write their address on it so Mommy-to-be doesn't have to!
1. Matching: Give the guests a paper with baby names on one side and their meanings on the other and have them match the name to it's meaning. Can also do the same thing with the word baby in different languages and the countries it comes from. I gave these to the guests as they came in and they worked on it while they chatted and ate.
2. Baby Shower Poem: Give the poem to one of the guests and have them read the first line. Each person that receives the poem thereafter must read the next number and follow its instructions. The person who ends up with the poem gets a prize.
3. Baby Gift Bingo: As the guests arrive number each gift. Give each guest a square card with 4 or 5 squares across and down and have them fill the squares with the numbers of the gifts. Have the Mommy-to-be announce the number of each gift as she opens it. The first guest to get a Bingo wins a prize. They LOVED this one! It was a great way to keep them involved as the gift opening can get boring.
4. Never Say Baby: Give each guest a beaded necklace and explain that they aren't allowed to say the word "baby" during the shower and whoever hears it from a guest takes that guest's beads. The guest who winds up with the most necklaces at the end wins a prize.
5. Clever Memory: Have Mommy-to-be walk around and show a tray filled with baby items to each guest. They will begin to try to memorize what's on it. Then have Mommy-to-be leave the room and tell the guests to write down what she was wearing, NOT what was on the tray! Bwaahahahahahaha.
6. Napkin Baby Shirt: Give each baby shower guest a napkin and have them hold it behind their back and make a baby shirt by tearing the best they can. Once they take the napkin from behind their back, they cannot do anything else. Have Mommy-to-be decide who made the best napkin shirt.
7. Decorate Wooden Letters and/or Onesies: If you know what the baby's name will be, have each guest paint/decorate a wooden letter from the baby's name to hang in the nursery. The other guests can paint/decorate onesies.
8. Blindfold Diapering: Break the guests into teams and give each team a doll, blindfold and diapers. Have guests place the blindfold on, take the current diaper off the doll and place the new one on while blindfolded. After the first guest finshes diapering, they run to the next team-mate who places the blindfold on and has to do the same. The first team to finish diapering wins!
9. The Pacifier Pass: Break up into 2 teams have everyone stand in a line facing the person in front of them. Have the guests put their straws in their mouths and put a pacifier on the first guests' straws. They then have to pass the pacifier to the next person by letting the pacifier slide down their straw on to the other person's straw with no hands or other contact. Everyone on the team passes the pacifier from straw to straw. First team done wins.
10. Guess the Baby Pictures: Ask for everyone's baby pictures prior to the baby shower. Have all the pictures in a collage and have the guests write down who they think the pictures belong to.