Monday, May 31, 2010

go visit and movie monday #16

I have a guest post up at iDreamofClean today on how I deal with laundry. Go check it out!

Now if you're here for Movie Monday, welcome and sorry I'm late. Grab the button on my sidebar and/or click the button below to play along.

Movie Monday @ Messy Mommy


Shrek Forever After: Rumpelstiltskin tricks a mid-life crisis burdened Shrek into allowing himself to be erased from existence and cast in a dark alternate timeline where Rumpel rules supreme. PG

I've heard great things about this movie and we were so excited to see it. I'll be honest. I wasn't incredibly impressed. It was good. but not THAT good. A bit of advice. Do NOT see it in 3D. It costs extra and it totally wasn't worth it at all. No special effects whatsoever and those glasses got really annoying. I would definitely recommend the movie cause c'mon, it's Shrek, but don't expect a whole lot. I hardly laughed at all. Donkey wasn't even that funny which was really disappointing. Otter laughed a lot so maybe they used more kid humor this time that was beyond my realm. Hubby really liked it. The movie actually teaches a great lesson and it's a great ending to a great story.

5 cleansing comments:

Shell said...

I really don't like 3D movies. Those glasses give me a headache and it's not worth the extra cost!

Off to check out your guest post!

Perfectly Unperfect said...

I can't wait to see this movie! I am hoping to be able to take my munchkins to see it in the theater.

If not, then on DVD at least. Ha!

Kmama said...

I don't like 3D movies either.

I was really looking forward to this one...too bad it's not as funny as the rest. Just another example of the movie industry taking something too far.

Much More Than Mommy said...

My 6-year-old is going to a birthday party this week that includes watching the new Shrek. I'm kind of glad that I'll only be paying for my ticket, and I was already hoping it *wasn't* in 3D!

Jessica said...

Agreed. We saw it too. Ehhh

Related Posts with Thumbnails