about meotter's epilepsyprayer is powermovie mondayjuice plus+awards

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

our engagement story

It was Christmas Eve, 2003. My parents live directly across the street from our church. For the Christmas Eve service our pastor asked us to be Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus, (Otter was 1 month old.) I thought it was so weird that Hubby got all dressed up and was acting so nervous. It wasn't that big of a deal.

After the service I stopped to talk to people, and everyone was rushing me to leave. I was getting pissed. My family and Hubby's family were all there. When I walked outside, all of them were standing in front of the church looking at me. I'm like, "What, is the house locked or something?" Somebody finally yelled, "Look up!" When I did, I saw a sign on my parents' roof made out of Christmas lights that read, "BROOKE WILL YOU MARRY ME?" (Guess now you know my real name:) I screamed, and Hubby got down on one knee with the ring and asked me to marry him. My best friend was across the street video taping the whole thing. It was amazing.


Want to enter the contest? Go here to learn how. Print out a $5 coupon for the Definitely, Maybe DVD here.


4 cleansing comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet! Can you imagine how much time it took to get those letters to look that perfect! And you make a beautiful bride, well a beautiful family!

Anonymous said...

AWW!! So sweet and look at you kids! Lookit widdle Otter! (ooh sorry mushy talk!).

Definately, Maybe was such a cute movie! I hope you win!

Anonymous said...

That is such a neat story!! And you are a beautiful bride!!

Steph

Anonymous said...

How cool. That's a beautiful display.

Related Posts with Thumbnails