about meotter's epilepsyprayer is powermovie mondayjuice plus+awards

Thursday, August 14, 2008

my passion for the county fair

It's 3 in the morning. Can't sleep. Not only because Otter just wet MY bed but because I'm unconsciously that excited for this week...the county fair.

Ever since I was a little girl, my favorite part of the summer has been the county fair. I don't know what it is exactly. The entire atmosphere just overwhelms me. Back then it was cotton candy, snow cones, and unlimited carnival rides. Now it's old friends, business expos, new friends, food, and unlimited carnival rides. I love to just walk the grounds and see who I'll run into. Last night it took us an hour just to get about 100 yards. I just LOVE LOVE LOVE it! The way the vacant grounds become a small city in just a day.

I've passed my passion down to Otter, who is now snow cones (actually just ice because of diet) and unlimited carnival rides. He's been blabbering all week about the rides. We'll have to do the cotton candy next year. I can't tell you what a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders since he's not dropping. Last year was just stress. More about that later.

The peak of the fair comes on Saturday morning. The Parade. What is it about parades that are so great? I'm wondering how this year will be since Otter can't have candy. I'm sure we'll enjoy it just as much. I don't think it's about the candy but a 4-yr-old may feel differently. :)

So, if you're wondering where I am these next few days wonder no more. I'm living the dream folks, living the dream.

0 cleansing comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails