about meotter's epilepsyprayer is powermovie mondayjuice plus+awards

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

what's worse than being down in the back?

Being down in the back AND being sick.

I've always had a sensitive back from a couple accidents when I was younger. 4 years ago I bent over to pick up a box and completely collapsed with a loud wail. HOLY (or not) MOTHER OF FRANKLIN DELANO ROOSEVELT! I was COMPLETELY out of commission. We're talking they brought a mattress to me and I peed in Otter's diapers. It was that bad.

So yesterday I lifted my kitchen aid mixer, (damn heavy, do they make them with wheels cuz I could make bookoo bucks on that one.) Nothing happened right then but within an hour I was completely hunched over and wailing in pain.

This morning not only did my back hurt like hell, but I'm sick to boot! What the? We're talking the sore throat, fever, chills, achy achy achiness shooting through the tips of my fingers and the rest of my body. WWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I just want to cry. Like a baby. Whine and moan because that will make it feel better. No.

Went to the doc, prescribed anti-inflammatories, told me not to lift ANYTHING, including my daughter. Uh....do you have kids Mister PhD? How do I NOT lift my daughter when I'm the only one home with her 75% of the day. Yes, I can avoid it some, but I still have to put her in her crib, put her in her car seat, yatta yatta yatta. Give me a break! I can't just stop being a mom for awhile. If only it was that easy.

Otter's doing his best to take care of me.

Otter: I'm sorry you're not feeling well Mom.

Me: Thanks bud.

Otter: Would you like some apple juice?

Me: No thank you. (What a sweetheart.)

Otter: How about some water?

Me: Yes, water would be great. (What a gem.)

Otter: Well then go get some, and don't forget to drink a lot. It will help you feel better. (Off he goes.)

Not exactly how I saw that playing out, but at least he cares.

1 cleansing comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't doctors understand that moms aren't allowed to get sick? Geez! I'm so sorry. Sounds like you are having a rough time. I hope you get to feeling better soon. You should definitely explore the wheels on the mixer idea...you never know!

Related Posts with Thumbnails