about meotter's epilepsyprayer is powermovie mondayjuice plus+awards

Monday, July 13, 2009

broken hearts and God's mysterious ways

My heart hurts. It really hurts.

A good friend of mine was killed in a car accident today. Although our relationship was primarily through facebook, she was no less important to me than a friend I talk to face to face. Perhaps even more so. She emailed often to see how the pregnancy was going. She went through two rough miscarriages before getting her miracle baby, who is now 6 months old. They were coming home from his 6 month checkup when the accident happened. The baby is in the hospital but I don't have any info on him.

Explain to me how God could let this happen. Am I angry? No. I just want so so so badly to understand. To understand why He took that precious baby's mommy away. He'll never know her or how much she truly loved him. To understand why her husband has to raise their baby without his wife. To understand why He took her parents only daughter. WHY?

You touched so many hearts Debbie. So many of us will miss your thoughtful words and your kind heart. Love you.

4 cleansing comments:

Unknown said...

All good questions. What we do know now is that their is now a Angel for all the children. I admired Deb for many reasons, but first and foremost her ability to LOOOOOOOVE. She was the true meaning of unconditional love. I will miss her light, her laugh, and watching her grow as a woman, a mother, and a wife. I love you Deb and will carry your light with me forever. I feel so much gratitude that I was blessed with a friend like you. You will be missed by all that have been touched by you.

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh my goodness. I am so sorry. I don't know. I am so sorry for this loss.

Steph

LZ @ My Messy Paradise said...

Wow. I'm really sorry to read this...I hope you are ok.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I came across your blog while doing a search under Deb's name. So beautifully put. I met Deb through a MC support group on line. Although we had never met, we became great friends. We met under such tragic circumstances but we both were able to share our pregnancies together. We communicated through FB and I was going to semd her a message yesterday because I hadn't heard from her in a few days..this is how I found out. I know Gage had a broken arm and concussion but her cousin e mailed me and said the he was doing fine. The were all wearing their seatbelts. Her cousin was with them but she also was "ok". Just a freak accident. Being a mom is all she wanted to be and I still don't know why, she loved her life so much (she always told me). She wanted to have another baby. She had so much more to give. I am so glad that our lives crossed paths and I only hope I can be half the mom to my two girls that she was to Gage. Now she can watch over all get children. For someone I had never met, she truly left an impact in my heart. I do have her mailing address if you would like to send condolences. If you would like it, I can e mail you through FB, just look up Michelle Kemp (I'm the one in Hawaii).

Related Posts with Thumbnails