about meotter's epilepsyprayer is powermovie mondayjuice plus+awards

Sunday, May 18, 2008

reminiSCENTS

Isn't is crazy how certain scents remind you of certain people or bring back certain memories?

Recently, softsoap was on sale so I bought some. I couldn't believe how the smell immediately took me back to getting my belly button pierced my freshman year in college. That was the soap I used to so carefully clean it each and every day for the first week or two.

It got me thinking...that seems to happen a lot, smelling something and being reminded of a distant memory.

Here are a few of mine:

Vanilla Fields perfume: junior high locker room

Bath & Body Works Cucumber Melon lotion: freshman year in high school & an old friend (P.E. in particular)

Clinique Happy perfume: sophomore year in high school & another old friend

Certain colognes still remind me of boyfriends I had in high school.

Victoria's Secret Romantic Wish lotion: our wedding (get your mind out of the gutter, I used it before I put on my dress)

Bath & Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar soap: Otter's stitches (cleaning them ever so carefully...now that smell almost makes me nauseous)

Bath & Body Works Sun-Ripened Raspberry: Raven's first week of life and breastfeeding (washing hands every 5 seconds to prevent spreading germs to the new baby)

our doctor clinic and hospital soap: giving birth to Raven

cooked cauliflower and cream cheese: Otter's first week on his special diet

Ok, you may think I'm crazy, but I can distinguish the smell of my baby's poop from other babies'. Is that common or am I losing my mind?

0 cleansing comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails